Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Bebek Dower at Blok M

After watching Scorch Trial at Plaza Blok M, my brothers and I decided to stop at Bebek Dower for dinner. I had been here once before yet my brothers had been here plenty of times for their value and flavors. This time we all ordered chicken as it's the end of the month and we're all short on money hehe. Aside from the food pictured below, I like to get their Bayam Crispy and their fried rice but even these were enough to get us pretty full for the day.



Ayam Sambal Dower (IDR 19.091) and Rice (IDR 6.364)
I ordered fried chicken with Bebek Dower's signature chili. The chicken were fried until its crispy and smothered in the oily sambal dower. Even though there's a lot of chili seeds in the coarse sambal, it is not too over-the-top spicy. It is a good dish but it can be seasoned better with more grains of salt. The chicken they use here were pretty big and definitely not ayam kampung and is really worth the value. The rice itself is pulen (padded, tender) and were just right for the meal.


Ayam Sambal Matah (IDR 17.273) + Rice
Out of the chicken menu the chicken with matah sambal is the recommended one, even beating out the Ayam Sambal Dower. I personally did not try this dish but my brother said that the spiciness of the sambal matah is the factor that makes him order this over and over again.


Nasi Bebek Sisit (IDR 32.727)
This dish consist of rice and shredded duck breast over a bed of lettuce. The duck were topped by sambal matah and I have to say this is a good dish! I really like the idea of the easy shredded duck, makes the eating process wayyy faster and simpler. The sambal were also delcious, I'd prefer the sambal matah over the sambal dower in this case. The bebek is cooked nicely, but watch out as this dish is not entirely bone-free.

Bebek Dower is executed simply, and their Blok M outlet has a pretty simple decor. Try seating at their lesehan where you can sit cross-legged on top of a pillow by the corner left of the restaurant. The place is clean and the service were nice, but really the point of Bebek Dower is their price for value of the food. The place have a great cycle of customer's running in but not too crowded like the first time I was here (it was during Ramadan). Good food, good value, I have no complaints.


Bebek Dower
Plaza Blok M
Jl. Bulungan No. 76
Ground Level
Blok M
South Jakarta
+6221 72799488

No comments:

Post a Comment