Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sumobooo at Kasablanka


The first time I tried out Sumoboo was in Pantai Indah Kapuk and I instantly liked their tang yuan desserts. Upon the variety of their dessert menu, Sumoboo's signature is within its desserts bowl and kakigori which dominated the menu board. This post sums up my second visit to Sumoboo, but this time, I tried the one in Kota Kasablanka. The restaurant is located on the lower ground level of the mall and we got seated in an open space that is placed next to a ramen restaurant. 



Sumoboo's Dessert -- Big Boba + Mochi + Ice Cream + Red Bean + Pudding + Bomb Ball + Taro (IDR 35.000)This freaking long menu is pretty much one of the most 'complete' menu you can get out of the Sumoboo variant of dessert bowl because it has everything in. The portion is plenty enough for one with a pretty decent price tag. The dish itself were sweet and creamy, especially when added with the cup of milk on the side. 



Mixed Pudding -- Grass Jelly + Sliced Almond + Big Boba (IDR 27.000)
Truth be told that I don't remember exactly which menu we ordered so I took a guess out of their menu that I found online. The mixed pudding dish is pretty much a variety of bubble bar toppings of your preference that is topped with an additional scoop of ice cream of a flavor of your choice (for IDR 10.000); this one is vanilla. The topping and the milky sauce is based off shaved ice on the bottom of the bowl. 



Boo!! Kakigori - Chocolate (IDR 30.000)
This tall glass is filled with a layer of vanilla pudding, mountanous shaved iced that is dusted with chocolate powder (my guess it is Milo malt powder). The pile of shaved ice is then topped with sliced strawberries, Milo cereal, drizzled condesed milk and also vanilla ice cream. This come in a pretty big portion and easily sharable for two or more person. I tried eating it by myself and got tired of waiting for the ice to melt so I left the last quarter of the shaved ice untouched. This is one of the signature piece from Sumoboo that is as popular as ever; every table seemed to order at least one of the Boo!! Kakigori with the flavor of their choosing.

Coming to Sumoboo after a long time I realize they offer great desserts with good value. Not only their desserts, their snacks and dishes were also pretty good! No wonder Sumoboo and its branches are still packed until today. Keep up, Sumoboo! Can't wait to visit again for the long run.


Sumoboo
Kota Kasablanka
Lower Ground - L 16A
Jl. Casablanca No. 8
Tebet
South Jakarta

1 comment:

  1. Please bring me here Selena, I would like to try one :D

    ReplyDelete