Friday, January 16, 2015

Dapoer Ciragil at Senopati

A month ago I received a mail from Zomato containing a voucher for Dapoer Ciragil (thank you so much, Zomato!). I finally visited the place on 11 a.m. and there were only two other tables filled. I picked the indoor seating that is fully conditioned and decorated with the warm tone of wooden Javanese furnishings. On our table before we were seated were served traditional crackers on the table but as we are pretty hungry we went directly to ordering food from the menu. The food then came out in a pretty slow pace, with gado-gado being the first dish out.



Gado-Gado (30.000 IDR)
This very plate is the first dish out and said to be an original Indonesian vegetarian dish. This particular plate of gado-gado is served with generous amount of peanut sauce. I was not a big fan of gado-gado in the first place, but this one has its vegetable fresh and crunchy and a very well balanced sweetness from the thick peanut sauce.


Ayam Gerangasem Bali (40.000 IDR)
I've only knew that garang asem is a Cirebon delicacy, but apparently it is also a staple in Bali! The gerangasem is the soup dish that accompanies the rice, tofu, tempeh and beansprout above. It stays consistent with its Balinese concept with the sambal matah condiment as a side to the dish. The garangasem were truly sour and the sides were served well. However I cannot really taste the chicken and the soup is not really proportional to the rice portion-wise.


Ayam Betutu (43.000 IDR)
I did not try the ayam betutu dish, but it is said to be well spiced. Same with other dishes we ordered here, it is one of the recommended food from the restaurant.


Ayam Bakar (34.000 IDR)
The grilled chicken came in a platter with plecing kangkung, fresh vegetables or lalapan, as well as sambal. I would actually prefer to have the dish served with sambal terasi or sambal matah like the dishes above rather than this sambal that does not really tasted spicy or savoury. The chicken itself, coated with sweet soy sauce, were marinated pretty well and season through. About the plecing kangkung, the kangkung itself is delicious but I am not a big fan of crunchy beansprout. The dish, with the price, does not come with rice.


Sate Kambing - without rice cake (38.000 IDR)
I am not sure whether or not the lontong would cost an additional charge, so make sure to ask the staff about this one. The mutton satay itself were seasoned very well, and I really liked the sambal kecap although I wish I could have more of the soy sauce with it. The mutton is generous and fragrant, but I miss the fattiness of the mutton honestly.

We got very full after dishing out from the meal we had here. At first we planned out to buy some of their desserts option, but we ended up too full even for desserts, but I was pretty satisfied. I would wish that the service here could be faster for the sake of efficiency. The price for the dishes here I would say is pretty suitable for the vibe and surroundings yet one other concern would be directed to the limited parking spot they had here. Hope to see some improvements when I got here to try out many of their traditional Indonesian ice desserts!


Dapoer Ciragil
Jl. Ciragil Timur No. 1
Kebayoran Baru
South Jakarta
+62 21 29704981
Ext: 183

No comments:

Post a Comment