Sunday, March 15, 2015

Djournal Coffee at Thamrin

For the past couple of weeks I've been going back and forth from campus to Grand Indonesia to accompany my mother to her chiropractic appointment, and since we came in at different times I would often wait for her at Djournal Coffee. Djournal Coffee is one of Ismaya establishment, serving coffee (some are even alcoholic) as its main product as well as cakes, tea, cocoa and all day dining menu. You can spot Djournal Coffee products at various Ismaya establishment; I even firstly tried Djournal menu at Social House. Having found my favorite, I would always order Nutella Blast from their menu.



Salted Caramel Latte (IDR 50.000)
During my last visit, they were running out of Nutella and I ended up ordering Salted Caramel Latte. The hints of salted caramel can be found in this drink. It was a good beverage that were sweet and very milky, which I really like. But still, I would prefer Nutella Blast at any time and it was unfortunate that they run out some nutty chocolatey goodness from the Nutella.



Chocolate Maple Pecan Pie (IDR 28.000)
This is one of the best I've had in a very long time! I surprised myself trying this one out and regretted not ordering this sooner. The pie crust were crumbly and sweet that it is good on its own. The pecan were plenty and the maple beautifully coats the whole meal. The pie filling itself has a very decend texture that were not too gooey nor hard, it was so delicious.

This particular branch of Djournal Coffee is more spacious that the one in Cilandak Town Square. It has both indoor and outdoor space and the inside has a very good natural lighting by the day. However during my multiple visit, the service has been on the edge of being 'okay' since some days I would get some fast, decent, warm service and some days I would get cold shoulders. I think however the great dishes would be worth your visit, especially their cakes as it was also provided by Colette and Lola, too. And as for the pie, I would definitely try some of their other variant such as their Apple Crumble Pie next time and would expect something at least as good the pecan pie I had!


Djournal Coffee
Grand Indonesia
Ground Floor
Jl.  M.H. Thamrin No. 1
Central Jakarta

1 comment:

  1. E D E N P O K E R . X Y Z mau memberikan info sedikit nih , di edenpoker ingin memberikan BONUS NEWMEMBER sebesar 10.000 ribu
    yuk langsung saja kunjungi Customer Service kami dan segera daftar kan diri anda !!!

    ReplyDelete